NO GYM? NO PROBLEM!
Get moving with The Release and join the best live lockdown classes
By Alice Baxter / 27 April 2020
If you’re struggling to find the motivation to keep your spirits high in the face of the global COVID-19 pandemic, don’t worry - you’re not alone.
It’s ok if you’re not leaping out of bed at 6am to do your usual HIIT circuits class and - newsflash - you’re not a failure if you haven’t baked banana bread or learnt how to crochet.
However, as these lockdown days creep on by, we’ve started to realise that, whilst drinking Whispering Angel and cooking 3-course meals each night is fun, we may not be able to fill the next 3 months with these activities alone…
With rumours beginning to circulate that the lockdown may be extended until the end of summer and beyond, we’ve started to rack our brains as to what we can do to try and stay healthy, whilst staying inside. It’s been shown time and time again that exercise relieves feelings of stress and anxiety, so it may well be a good idea to try and relocate our long lost fitness regimes. And, with thousands of online classes popping up all over the internet, there’s no better time to start experimenting with exercise!
- Pro PT - These classes take place daily at 19:00 (GMT). Pro PT hosts a variety of classes led by a celebrity trainer who is joined by ‘special guests’ each class!
- Bradley Simmonds - Bradley is a personal trainer sculpted by the gods! He hosts daily classes at 08:00, 10:00 and 18:00, so you will never have to go too long without your Simmonds fix! Each class lasts 30 minutes and they vary from either HIIT, Yoga, Pilates or a dynamic sculpting and toning workout!
- Courtney Black - Courtney is a personal trainer from Essex, UK. Her bubbly personality and spirit for life make her daily classes an absolute JOY to be a part of! Join her for your daily workout at either 9:00, 10:00 or 12:00 or all 3!
- Barry's Bootcamp - Everyone knows Barry’s bootcamp for it’s high intensity cardio workouts and with classes usually costing a small fortune, we feel blessed to be able to take part in daily classes for free! Times change daily but follow their Instagram page to keep up with their weekly schedule!
- 1Rebel - If you’re looking to try something a little bit different, Rebel TV is the place to go. Rebel hosts daily classes at 8:30, 12:00 and 17:00. Throw yourself into Barre, Core or Full Body Reshape from the comfort of your sitting room!
- Belle Hutt -The beauty of these online workouts is that they connect people across the globe! Belle Hutt is a personal trainer from Amsterdam and has committed to hosting daily classes all throughout lockdown! Her colourful aesthetic and banging tunes actually make workouts, dare I say it… fun…
- Ellie Hopley PT - Ellie Hopley is PT to the stars! She trains the likes of Ferne McCann and is offering a variety of daily classes for you lovely people at home! She is great for targeted workouts so give her page a follow to ensure you don’t miss out!
- Joe Wicks ‘The Body Coach’ - Slowly become a national treasure, is the lively, energetic Joe Wicks. He has gone viral for hosting daily 9:00am ‘P.E’ style online sessions for children BUT if you’re a beginner (like us) then this is a great way to get your lockdown butt into action.
- Grace Fit/Shreddy - Everyone and their nan has heard of Grace Fit but you may not be aware that she now has her very own personalised app called ‘Shreddy’. You do have to pay a subscription fee for these workouts but they are oh so worth it! Plus you can chat to other users which creates a warm sense of community - extremely valuable during isolation!
- XHit Daily - If a ‘Rihanna Butt Workout’ sounds like a bit of you, head over to XHit Daily’s YouTube channel for free and fun daily classes.
- Ciara London - Everyone is obsessed with Ciara London at the moment. Her lively playlists and motivation skills make her the perfect at home work out partner. You do have to pay a small subscription fee to access her content but if you’re really missing your HIIT workouts at the gym, we would highly recommend it!
- Yoga with Adrienne - Adrienne has a yoga session for every mood and every level, as well as a 30-day challenge if you’re looking to get into a routine!
- Brixton Yoga - Brixton Yoga host daily evening yoga sessions over Zoom, and create custom playlists to accompany each session! You can find the timetable here.
- Pop Sugar Fitness - This YouTube channel covers all different types of workouts but we would highly recommend their targeted pilates classes. They really get those muscles working!
- Cat Meffan - We have become utterly obsessed with Cat Meffan since lockdown started. She has a voice like butter and her classes make you feel like butter - everything about these YouTube yoga sessions has our hearts!
- Down Dog - Down Dog is a mobile yoga app that is usually only partly free, however all classes are now available because of lockdown. With varying levels from total beginner to advanced, there’s something for everyone. Tailor the length of the class, the music and even add ‘boosts’ to the particular areas you want to stretch / work on. Make the most of these small lockdown wins and join the Down Dog community!
Share this article